Monday, March 17, 2014

Time Flies

Wow, how time flies.  I came back here today FULL of things to write, insights to share, pictures to ponder, but then I noticed that my last post was FOUR MONTHS AGO.

Um...oops.

In my mind, I have visited you many times since then, waxed poetic about all manner of things, and wowed you with my wisdom.

Ha!  How reality pales in comparison with my vivid imagination.  So, being true to form, I told you I was leaving, came back with a random post, and now sit here regretting my own absence.  I know, I'm a strange one. 

And consistency is hard for me.  I'm just being honest.  My reasoning for coming back is three-fold::

1.  I need you.  I need a place to write because I, dear friends, am an external processer.  I need to be able to get my thoughts out in order to make sense of them.  If I'm lucky enough to have you read me, and even reflect back what you here in the comments, then bonus for me.

2.  I want to encourage you. 

3.  My creative writing projects need the help and discipline blog writing provides.  In other words, this is a place to get my juices flowing.

So, I'm baaaaaaaack.  :) 

And where have I been in the meantime?  Parenting two precious children, wife-ing an amazing husband, working full-time at an awesome company, and walking the road to health.  In short, here are some bullet points to try to catch you up:
  • The novel.  I've written and rewritten three times now.  I'm currently on version 4.0.  Feel free to pray for me as I attempt - again - to respond to two agents generous offers to read a revision and FINISH THIS WORK.
  • The husband.  Last October he launched his own business!  I'm so proud of him.  He loves what he does and I love it too!  It's a great fit.  For more, check it out on his website - www.stonebridgecoffee.com - or on Facebook.
  • The body.  I got really, really sick last year.  Worse than ever.  My chronic adrenal fatigue combined with crazy hormones combined with all sorts of wackiness led me into the Land of Deterioration.  I took matters into my own hands, fired some incompetent doctors, found some amazing ones, and started over.  I recently had major surgery (mid-February), and now feel better than I have in years, PRAISE GOD!  I still have a long way to go, but things are looking up.
  • The job.  Last fall I started back full-time at Austin's best jewelry and high-end gift store: The Menagerie (www.themenagerie.com).  I manage the website and some marketing and buying.  It's super fun, and I'm very thankful.
Post-surgery I feel like I have my life back.  I feel like I'm a new person.  I have been carried through hell and back by amazing friends and brothers and sisters in Christ.  I am thankful.  I will write more on that later, but, for now, that's a wrap.

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to hear that you are feeling better.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete