Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For everything, there is a time

So, a while ago I wrote a post about how I was going to start teaching my three-year-old to memorize Bible verses.  I started with this verse from Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV):

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens.

Honestly, I have forgotten about this resolution (awesome), but I'm cutting myself some slack on that one.  I think we will have to memorize one verse a quarter at this rate.  : )  Regardless of how well I'm doing on this front (which isn't the point anyway!), your comments to yesterday's post reminded me of our "memory verse".  This really is a season for my son.  And, according to God's Word, there is a time for everything.  For whatever reason (and there are many, I am sure), he needs this season.  It is growing and developing him in good ways.

I'm going to try to remember that the next time he melts down and I'm on the verge of losing it.  Because - for sure - I need this season, too.  Who knows all the things I'm learning in the process?  Certainly many more than I can see right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment