Friday, February 25, 2011

Marfa Update: Day One

Okay, so it's noon on my first day, and I'm feeling pretty good about my progress.  Story arches of two of four main characters, locked.  Places and place-names, locked.  Time, locked.  Plot, metanarrative, locked.

Ten pages written.  Goal is to have fifty written before tomorrow night.

And, I took a few minutes to stroll around downtown Marfa.  Visited the Book Shop (which is not what it once was, sadly - no more art installations).  Grabbed an authentically Swiss hot chocolate at Squeeze (can't recommend enough).  And took artsy photos in order to get my creative juices flowing.  So far so good.

Ironically enough, the Annual Cowboy Poetry Festival is happening next door in Alpine this weekend.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to skip it, so I can stay focused.  But I bet it would be interesting!  Bill Wittliff is in town and gave a talk last night.  Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment