Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm Alive

Yesterday at church our priest built his sermon around this central idea:

"Don't ask the question: 'what does the world need?'  Ask the question: 'what will it take for me to come alive?'  Because what the world needs is people who are alive."

He was weaving together the lectionary passages that talk about the Holy Spirit's active presence in the lives of those who follow Jesus.

I don't have a lot to say, really.  I just wanted to share what hit me as a profound thought:

"Don't ask the question: 'what does the world need?' Ask the question: 'what will it take for me to come alive?' Because what the world needs is people who are alive."

So, what will it take for you to come alive?

And, are you asking the right question?

Linking up with Hear it on Sunday, Use it on Monday.

8 comments:

  1. Your post is so true, we must shake our selves out of sleep and come alive. Beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a bit of a slump and want to answer this important question this week. Thanks, dearest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think an unabiding interest and reaching to other people brings us alive, causes a Holy Spirit spark when we seek to love others like Jesus loved us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, this is an amazing question. It hit me. I've been lost in a fog and asking WHY???? But really, I need to just move forward and live. I posted the question on a post it note and placed it on my tackboard by the computer. A great reminder of what I need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny,
    Good, good question. What will it take to make me come alive? Some days I feel as if I've shaken off my usual slumber, other days I'm not so sure.

    Today, I had a teen's story impact me in a way that give me chills and forced me to think, Yeah, no one is stepping up, and tell me again why aren't you?

    ReplyDelete