Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Right Path

This has been a big week.  Justin started his new job today (can I get a whoop, whoop!?!).  I'm into week three of my new job (selling Arbonne products, which I love - let me know if you want some!).  My kids have two weeks of preschool left before the (gasp) summer.  And I signed up for an agent consultation at the Texas Writers' League's Agents Conference.

Most importantly, however, I've been feeling good.  Great, actually.  My doctor added a second prescription, which seems to be really helping.

That's why it was a big bummer when I fainted last night.

No, that's an understatement.  I didn't just faint.  I was down and out.  (We almost went to the hospital - it was that bad.)

Then, this morning, during his first hours on the new job, Justin got the call that his beloved grandmother is dying. 

Needless to say, after dealing with a relatively major emergency last night and then getting a call about his grandmother this morning, we were...shall we say?...derailed.

The good news?  We've walked with God long enough to realize that this sometimes happens.  When you're walking on the path God has clearly made possible for you, the s*%t sometimes hits the fan (pardon the expression).

So here we are, walking the walk and loving it.  There's resistance, yes, distraction, yes, but there's also peace, perseverance, and, ultimately, great, great fulfillment.

I'm looking forward to seeing where our feet take us in this new season.  And I have to say, whatever comes: bring it on.

Linking up with Soli Deo Gloria today.  I hear it's quite the party this week!

4 comments:

  1. Love your outlook, and yes, it does hit the fan..and God is so good! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring it! We are praying against it! Try as hard as it might, it will not master us! Our God is stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the spirit! I love your optimism and courage and that really inspires me. Take care. Hope everything will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying with you in the very real ups and downs of life.

    ReplyDelete